The time’s running out for Le Pen
Latest betting on the French Presidential elections has Macron moving to a 90% chance with the far right Marine Le Pen on 10%. There is not much time left for Le Pen’s hoped for surge to bring about victory.
French law imposes a black out on published polls after Friday and the election takes place on Sunday closing at 1900 BST.
What is extraordinary about the polling is how all of them have the gap within just 1%. Macron is between 19% and 20% ahead.
Giving how successful the French polls were in the first round then it is hard to see how they could be so wrong in the second but there still are quite a large number of undecideds amongst supporters of contenders who did not make it to the final cut.
The election, of course, is decided by the total number of votes each candidates gets throughout France.
The betting in the UK has been huge and the contest continues to attract large amounts of money. The more this looks like a certainty for Macron the more it will attract those punters who want to make what appears to be a certain return over a very short period. That will cause the price to tighten even further.